Monday, October 30, 2006

Look out Microsoft! Here comes Gmail (enabled by Firefox 2.0)

Last night I upgraded my Firefox browser to the latest edition (2.0) and when I logged into my gmail account this morning to my delight, the one missing element I needed to make my gmail account truly complete was here ... a dotted red underline (or actually many !)

If you have Firefox 2.0 installed as your web browser, Gmail (and any other input text boxes on any website) now are automatically checked for spelling mistakes as you type by underlining the text with a red dotted line when a mistake is found (just like Word and Outlook). Just like Word, it you can right click the word and add it to your own personal dictionary or choose from a suggestion.

This update seems really simple - but this has allowed me to be more efficient and at the same time be "more adventurous" with online alternatives to office. This technology will make a big impact with other solutions like for CMS, Blogs, forums and so much more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home